Amaretti Chocolate Fudge Pie recipe shared by RecipesnFood.
Amaretti Chocolate Fudge Pie
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1¾ sticks (14 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 30 amaretti crushed
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- whipped cream as an accompaniment
- In the top of a double boiler melt 1 ounce of the chocolate with tablespoons of the butter and let the mixture cool.
- In a 9 x 3 inch spring form pan combine 2 tablespoons of the sugar with the amaretti, stir in the chocolate mixture, and combine the mixture well.
- Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom and one-third of the way up the side of the pan and chill the crust.
- In the top of a double boiler melt together the remaining 3 ounces chocolate and the remaining 8 tablespoons butter and let the mixture cool.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer beat together the eggs and the salt, add the remaining 1½ cups sugar, a little at a time, and beat the mixture until it is thick and pale yellow.
- Beat in the corn syrup, the heavy cream, the vanilla, the Amaretto, and the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the filling into the crust, bake the pie in the middle of a preheated 350 deg.
- Oven for 50 minutes and let it cool on a rack.
- Run a thin knife around the edge of the pan, and serve the pie with the whipped cream.