Apple Orange Spice Muffins recipe shared by RecipesnFood.
Apple Orange Spice Muffins
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ¾ cup Flour
- 1½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 dash Salt, Nutmeg, & Cloves
- ⅓ cup Instant Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 2 tbs Plus 2 tsp. Margarine
- 1 tbs Plus 1 tsp. firmly packed Brown Sugar
- 1 large Egg, separated
- 2 small pared, grated Apples
- 2 tbs Raisins
- 1 tbs Plus 1 tsp. Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate
- 1 Grated Orange Peel
- 1 dash Cream of Tartar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Into small bowl sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cloves; stir in milk powder and set aside.
- In mixing bowl cream margarine with sugar; add egg yolk and using electric mixer on medium speed, beat until thick and creamy.
- Add apples, raisins, juice concentrate and orange peel and stir to combine; add flour mixture and beat until well blended.
- In separate bowl, using clean beaters and mixer on high speed, beat egg white with cream of tartar until stiff but not dry; fold into batter.
- Spray eight 2½ inch diameter nonstick muffin pan cups with nonstick cooking spray; spoon ⅛ of batter into each sprayed cup (each will be about ⅔ full) and partially fill remaining cups with water (this will prevent pan from burning and/or warping).
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes (until cake tester, inserted in center, comes out clean).
- Remove pan from oven and carefully drain off water (remember, it will be boiling hot); remove muffins to wire rack and let cool. Makes 4 servings of 2 MUFFINS EACH!