Sweeter Life Club shares a recipe for Apple Sponge Cake.
Apple Sponge Cake
Author: sweeter life club
Recipe type: Snack
- ¾ cup rice milk or cows milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1½ cups wholemeal spelt flour
- ¼ cup Natvia
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup pie apples, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Line the base of a 20cm cake tin with baking paper and spray sides of tin with oil spray.
- In a measuring jug, combine the milk & vinegar. Allow to sit for 5 mins, then stir through apple sauce and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, Natvia and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour, add milk mixture and fold through.
- Combine pie apples and cinnamon.
- Pour batter into prepared cake tin, top with apples and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool in tin for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.