This Asian Style Haddock with Wilted Spinach recipe is super easy to make and bake. You make little foil pouches to cook the haddock and spinach in, so clean up is a breeze. Any other white flaky fish will work with this recipe too.
I like to make either rice pilaf or coconut white rice with this. Jasmine rice also works well with this dish.
- 4-6 Haddock fillets
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 bag of fresh Spinach or Baby Spinach leaves
- 2 tsp minced Garlic
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger (minced fresh ginger can be used)
- 2 TBL Water
- 4 tsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 lime (sliced into wedges)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut 4 (14 inch square pieces of foil) to make your pouches with.
- Spread fish on a cutting board or plate with the side that will go down on top of spinach. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Making one pouch at a time, place 2 cups of spinach in a pile in the center of foil square.
- Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of water over spinach.
- Place 1 fish fillet on top of spinach pile.
- Sprinkle fish and spinach with 1/2 tsp ginger and 1/2 tsp minced garlic.
- Drizzle 1 tsp Soy Sauce and 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil over fish and spinach.
- Pinch corners of foil and gather edges together to seal foil and form pouch.
- Place pouch on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Follow steps above to make other pouches.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until the fish is cooked through and the spinach wilts.
- You can serve either in the pouch or transfer to a plate. Top fish and spinach with a squeeze of lime or place wedge on plate.
Give it a try and let us know what you think.