Assam Prune Chocolate Brownies recipe shared by The TeaShed.
I think brownies are one baking classic that you can’t go wrong with. They always go down a treat and a plate full will never last long with hungry guests! These Assam Prune Chocolate Brownies would be perfect with an afternoon cup of tea (TeaShed, of course) or for dessert with a scoop or two of creamy vanilla ice cream.
Pick Me Up at 3 *Tea is a hearty caffeine rich Assam tea, perfect for afternoon energy slumps. We all have that lull between lunch and dinner especially after filling up of yummy food. So this is where we need something to keep us going and brighten up our afternoon!
- 50g prunes
- 185g butter
- 185g dark chocolate
- 200ml Pick Me Up At 3 Assam Tea (2 teabags)
- 3 eggs
- 210g sugar
- 85g plain flour
- 65g cocoa powder
- 75g milk chocolate
- Chop the prunes and place them in a bowl along with the brewed tea and steep for at least 3 hours but preferably overnight
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir until smooth and glossy. In a separate mixing bowl beat with eggs and sugar together with an electric mixer until creamy. Then fold the chocolate and butter mixture through.
- Sift the flour and cocoa into the liquid mixture, stir together and then fold in the chopped milk chocolate and drained prunes. Pour into a lined baking tray and bake for 35-40 minutes at 180 degrees C or until set but still squidgy in the middle.
- Cool on a wire rack then cut into pieces, about 18, and dust with icing sugar or cocoa powder.