Avocado and Soy Protein Tacos recipe shared by mattb from Vegan .io.
Avocado and Soy Protein Tacos
Crunchy tacos filled with creamy avocado, tomatoes and soy protein.
Author: mattb1982 - Vegan .io
Recipe type: Main
For the Soy Protein
- 2 tsps curry powder
- 1 tsp dried smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 5 oz textured soy protein
- 2 cups vegetable broth
For the Taco
- 2 avocados (mashed)
- 1 tsp black pepper (ground)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 12 taco shells
- 2 large tomato (diced)
- Boil the vegetable broth, add the textured soy protein and put off the stove on the side to let it soak covered for 10 min.
- Use a strainer and squeeze out as much liquid a possible from the textured soy protein.
- Preheat the olive oil in a a big skillet and saute for about 5 minutes before you add the textured soy protein.
- Fry the textured soy protein for about 10 minutes and add the herbs.
- For the rest of the taco filling use a medium size bowl and add the avocado, tomato, lime juice salt and pepper.
- For serving use a taco shell and add some textured soy protein and put some avocado tomato salsa on top.
You can store your extra serves in the fridge for 24-48 hours and make the next day's lunch/dinner easy.
Serving size: 4 Calories: 604 Fat: 31g Saturated fat: 6g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 57g Sugar: 12g Sodium: 1056mg Fiber: 18g Protein: 25g Cholesterol: 0mg