Baked Eggs with Bacon and Spinach recipe shared by RecipesnFood.
Baked Eggs with Bacon and Spinach
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 6 slices apple wood-smoked bacon
- 1-5 ounce bag baby spinach
- 2 whole wheat or sourdough English muffins, split horizontally, well toasted
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4-1 cup ramekins
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp; transfer to paper towels.
- Pour off drippings from skillet; reserve drippings. Add spinach to pan, sprinkle with pepper, and toss over medium heat, 1 minute.
- Transfer to strainer set over bowl to drain. Brush four 1-cup ramekins with drippings. Crumble bacon.
- Place 1 toasted English muffin half, split side up, in each ramekin.
- Divide spinach among ramekins, then sprinkle bacon over, dividing equally. With back of spoon, shape well in center of each ramekin. Gently crack 1 egg into well in each ramekin, keeping yolk intact.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon cream over each egg. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake eggs until whites are just set but yolks are still runny, 14 to 16 minutes.