Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe shared by RecipesnFood.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- 1 cup (225 ml) rolled oats
- 1 cup (225 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) allspice
- 2 medium bananas, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) chocolate chips
- Cream together butter and brown sugar. Mix in egg and buttermilk.
- Mix together oats, flour, baking powder, salt and allspice.
- Add to creamed mixture. Stir in bananas and chocolate chips. Spoon into greased or papered muffin pan, filling almost full.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) to 425 degrees (225 C.) for 20 minutes or until golden brown.