Bean and Cheese Rice Tacos recipe shared by Jatin Patel from Mishtann.
Bean and Cheese Rice Tacos
Author: Jatin Patel - Mishtann
Recipe type: Dinner
- Mishtann Basmati Rice-200 gm or 1 cup (as per US RATIO).(rinsed twice ,soaked for 20 mins and Boiled).
- Kidney Beans-12 cup soaked overnight and boiled.
- Onion-2 nos chopped.
- Garlic-7-8 cloves chopped.
- Pickled Jalapeños -67 pc chopped.
- Red chili powder-11/2 tsp.
- Cumin powder-1 tsp
- Garam masala-1 tsp.
- Salsa sauce-2 tbsp.
- Red chili flakes- 1tsp
- Dried oregano-12 tsp
- Water-14 cup
- Pepper-to taste.
- Salt-to taste.
- Oil-1 tbsp.
- Cheddar cheese-1 cup grated.
- Corn taco shells-8- 12 shells.
- Heat oil in a cooking vessel, add the garlic and onion and saute.
- Add the beans, jalapenos, red chili powder, cumin, salsa sauce and garam masala. Add water and continue to saute for 3-4 mins.
- Add the boiled rice and stir.
- Add the red chili flakes and dried oregano.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to steam over low heat for 2-3 minutes and keep this mixture aside.
- Take a corn taco shell, add the bean and rice mix. Layer with a generous amount of grated cheese and a sprig of cilantro or coriander.
- You could also layer the taco with finely shredded cabbage or iceberg lettuce for that extra crunch.
- Serve immediately.