Sweeter Life Club shares a recipe for Beetroot Dip.
Author: sweeter life club
Recipe type: Dessert
- 5 medium-sized beetroot
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 3 tablespoon Natvia
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoon tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Olive oil (optional)
- Strain the yoghurt overnight. This can be done by placing a cloth filter (e.g. cheesecloth) over a large tub, tightening in place with a rubber band (leaving a gap between the cloth and the bottom of the tub). Place the yoghurt in the filter and cover with the tub lid.
- Trim and peel beetroot. Cut into quarters and steam until tender (about 15min). Allow to cool completely.
- Chop the beetroot coarsely using a blender or food processor.
- Mix in all remaining ingredients including the yoghurt. Adjust sweetness and vinegar according to taste, and add olive oil to adjust consistency. Store in fridge for up to a week.