Bengali Fish Curry: Shorshe Ilish (Mustard Hilsa) recipe shared by Ravi Kumar from India Food Network.
Bengali Fish Curry or Shorshe Ilish is a delicious food from Bengal. The recipe Bengali Fish Curry Is quite easy and simple you don’t need to be a master chef to make it. The herbs and spices used in it are healthy and delicious. It has many unique names also like Hilsa Curry or Shorshe Ilish.
- 4-5 pieces of hilsa
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder
- 4 tbsp of mustard oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 3 tbsp of khus khus
- 1 tbsp of black mustard seeds (rai)
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 cup of curd (dahi)
- salt to taste
- 2 green chillies
- Make a marinade with all the spices.
- Rub some salt, turmeric and chilli powder on the fish and shallow fry.
- Let the fish cool 5 - 7 minutes.
- Smear the marinade on the fish.
- Let it cook in the microwave for 2 mins, and then flip it. Cook it for another 1 mins.
- Serve with steamed rice.