Berbere Spice Chickpeas and Sweet Potato recipe shared by Rebecca from RawSpiceBar.
Berbere Spiced Chickpeas & Sweet Potato
- 3-4 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely grated
- 1 tbsp RawSpiceBar's Berbere
- 1 ½ cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cups baby spinach
- Salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 220C. Prick your sweet potatoes several times with a fork, place on a baking tray and bake for an hour or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, add coconut oil into a frying pan on medium high heat. Add red onion and cook until soft. Add garlic and ginger, cook for a further 2 minutes. Add RawSpiceBar's Berbere spices and cook for another minute. Stir in tomatoes, chickpeas and salt to taste. Bring to a boil, turn heat to low and cover. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Add baby spinach and let simmer, another 3-4 minutes.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, slice through the center and fill with the berbere chickpea & spinach mixture. Enjoy!