Best Layered Burrito Bake recipe shared by Kim Heatherway from Recipesnfood.com.
Ground beef, salsa, refried beans and cheese are layered between tortillas for a burrito bake that’s like a fiesta in a dish.
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 1 each red pepper, large carrot and large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups TACO BELL® Thick & Chunky Salsa
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inch), cut in half
- 1 can (16 oz.) TACO BELL® Refried Beans
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Four Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Brown meat with peppers, carrots, onions and garlic in large nonstick skillet. Add tomatoes, salsa and cumin; mix well. Cover; simmer 5 min, Remove from heat. Stir in corn.
- Spread 2 cups tomato mixture onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; top with 4 tortilla halves, with cut-sides of tortillas facing sides of dish. Cover with layers of half the beans, 2-1/2 cups of the remaining tomato mixture and ½ cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas, tomato mixture and cheese; cover with sheet of foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 35 to 40 min. or until heated through, uncovering for the last 5 min. Let stand 5 min. before cutting to serve.