Black Bean and Baby Kale Salad with Green Dressing
This Spicy and Bright Salad is both satisfying and cleansing. The flavor is so rich it practically jumps right off the plate.
Recipe type: Salad, Raw Food, Vegan, Raw Vegan Salad
Cuisine: Detox, Cleansing
- 1 Cup Black Beans, soaked overnight drained and rinsed
- 1 Piece Kombu
- 2 Cups Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- 4 Cups Baby Kale
- ½ Cup Mint, shredded
- 2 Large Scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- ½ Cup Cilantro
- Refer to notes for dressing
- To cook the beans combine in a pot with 5 cups of water, Kombu, and ½ teaspoon of sea salt. Cover and bring to a boil then reduce down to a simmer and cook the beans until they are tender (about 45 min).
- Toss kale, romaine, mint, cilantro, beans, sour krout and scallions together with as much dressing as you want!
You can find the recipe for the spicy green dressing here https://luvmyrecipe.com/guatemalan-green-hot-sauce/ or at http://eatingworks.com/guatemalan-hot-sauce-recipe/