Buffalo Chicken Wings With Chunky Gorgonzola Cheese Dip recipe shared by RecipesnFood.
Buffalo Chicken Wings With Chunky Gorgonzola Cheese Dip
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 3 lbs (1 kg) chicken wing portions, wing and drumettes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 stick (113 g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup hot sauce,
- Chile peppers for extra spice (optional)
- Canola or peanut oil, for deep-frying
For the dip :
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ⅔ cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (or blue cheese)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon minced parsley
- For at least 30 minutes or up to overnight : Toss chicken wings with the salt.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, or let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Rinse in cold water and pat very dry.
- Combine butter and hot sauce in saucepan over medium low heat. Whisking to combine. Keep warm.
- Set up a deep pot for frying, about 2 inches deep. Heat oil to 375 – 380°F (190 – 193°C). Fry wings in batches until cooked through and crisp, 5 – 7 minutes.
- Remove with wire strainer to a bowl, toss with hot sauce as needed.
For the Gorgonzola (or Blue) Cheese Dip :
- Whisk all dip ingredients together in a bowl and serve with wings.