Cajun Style Shrimp and Green Bean Sorghum Bowls recipe shared by Nikki from MyNutriCounter.
Cajun Style Shrimp and Green Bean Sorghum Bowls
Author: Nikki - MyNutriCounter
Recipe type: Lunch
- 220g/7.75oz sorghum grains
- 750ml/3 cups water
- 350g/12.25oz shrimps/prawns, peeled
- 100g/3.5oz green beans, blanched and cut into 2” pieces
- 1 tsp. cajun spice
- 50g/1.75oz red bell pepper, diced
- 50g/1.75oz celery stalks, diced
- 120g/4.25oz white onion, diced
- 30ml/1fl oz olive oil
- Rinse sorghum grains under running water.
- Combine sorghum, bell pepper, onions, celery, and water in a slow cooker. Cook on high heat setting for 3.5 to 4 hours.
- Combine olive oil, cajun spice, and shrimps (prawns) in a bowl. Leave to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Sauté shrimps (prawns) in a pan until pink.
- Add green beans and sauté.
- Pour all contents of the pan into the sorghum and toss well.
- Season with salt if needed.