Chestnut Protein Cakes recipe shared by Sweeter Life Club.
Chesnut Protein Cakes
Author: sweeter life club
Recipe type: Snack
- 110 grams egg whites OR 3 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 60 grams chestnut flour
- 60 grams pea protein isolate powder
- 2 tablespoons Natvia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or pure extract or seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean
- 75 Milliliters espresso coffee, brewed strong, and cooled
- 120 grams low-fat cottage cheese (1% fat) or quark or ricotta or thick Greek yoghurt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder (gluten-free)
- Preheat the oven to 170℃. Have ready 5 silicon bar molds or bar tins. You can use standard muffin or cupcake tins if you don’t have bar tins. If not using silicon molds, spray each tin with a little oil spray and line with a strip of non-stick baking paper to run along the base and up the sides. This will help you ease them out of the molds. Set aside.
- Blend all the ingredients together in the bowl of a mixer or in a food processor. Yep, that’s pretty much it.
- Divide the batter between the bar molds. Bake for about 20 minutes until risen, and cooked through. Transfer the molds to a wire rack and leave to cool slightly before turning out of the molds.
- Serve slightly warmed, or at room temperature.
- Store leftover cakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep for a few days.