This recipe for chicken with garlic-mushroom white wine sauce served over egg noodles, rice or pasta is great as is or throw a little spinach in the mix during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
Give it a try and let us know what you think.
Chicken with Garlic-Mushroom White Wine Sauce
Chicken with Garlic-Mushroom White Wine Sauce served with egg noodles, pasta or rice. Easy, quick and delicious.
Recipe type: Main
- 1 6oz package Wide Egg Noodles or pasta or 1 cup rice
- 1 1/2 pounds Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 TBL flour, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 TBL minced Garlic
- 1 8oz package Sliced Mushrooms (baby cremini or cremini work well)
- 1/2 Dry White Wine
- 1 cup Chicken Stock or Broth
- 1 tsp Fresh Cilantro (1/2 tsp of dried)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Cook egg noodles, pasta or rice following package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Combine 1 TBL flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp onion powder in a small bowl, set aside.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces, place pieces in a bowl and sprinkle flour mixture over chicken, toss to coat.
- Get a sheet of foil ready to place the chicken in after browning.
- Heat a large skillet or dutch oven over med-high heat. Add 1 TBL Olive Oil to pan, swirl oil to coat pan.
- Add chicken, cook for 2 minutes then turn to brown other side for 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken to foil, close to seal and keep warm.
- Add another TBL of olive oil to pan, swirl oil to coat pan.
- Add mushrooms and minced garlic, cook for 4 - 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Mushrooms should be tender.
- Add wine, cook one minute.
- Add remaining TBL of flour, use wisk to blend into wine sauce. Cook one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add stock, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Cook one minute, stirring frequently. Sauce should start to thicken slightly.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, cover and simmer for two minutes. (If you want to add some fresh spinach, now is the time. A few handfuls of baby spinach should do.)
- Uncover and cook for one more minute or until chicken is done.
- Add fresh cilantro and noodles or pasta and stir for a minute until thoroughly heated. If serving with rice, I prefer to server over the rice.
- Top each serving with a nice sprinkle of parmesan cheese.