Sweeter Life Club shares a recipe for Chickpea Chocolate Biscuits.
Chickpea Chocolate Biscuits
These biscuits are sugar-free, dairy free, gluten and grain free.
Author: sweeter life club
Recipe type: Snack
- 240gm (1 can) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 eggs
- 130gm (1/2cup) natural peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 70gm (1/3 cup) Natvia
- 50gm (1/2 cup) desiccated coconut
- 40gm (1/3 cup) cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celcius and line a large, flat baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the chickpeas and eggs in the bowl of a food processor and process until fairly smooth, scraping down the sides once or twice to mix in any larger chunks (you could also use a stick blender for this if you don’t have a food processor).
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until combined (you can mix the remaining ingredients in by hand, if you prefer). you should have a firm, slightly sticky dough.
- Roll a tablespoon of the mixture into a ball and flatten slightly before placing it onto the baking tray, repeat with remaining mixture, spacing the balls about 2-3cm apart (they won’t do much rising).
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 10-15 minutes. When they’re cooked, the biscuits will feel firm to touch and the surfaces will crack a little.
- Allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Best eaten while still warm from the oven, store in an airtight container.