Chickpea and Sweet Potato Cottage Pie for One recipe shared by Sweeter Life Club.
Chickpea and Sweet Potato Cottage Pie for One
Author: sweeter life club
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1/3 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1 tablespoon Natvia tomato sauce or tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Fountain barbecue sauce sweetened with Natvia
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 2 teaspoon unsweetened almond milk
- salt and papper, to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute garlic and onion until lightly so coloured and add chickpeas.
- Once chickpeas are heated through, reduced heat to medium-low then add stock, tomato sauce, barbeque sauce, bay leaf, thyme and seasonings.
- Allow chickpeas to cook until most of the stock has evaporated and sauce has started to form. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 190℃. In a small bowl, combine sweet potato, almond milk and seasonings to taste.
- Remove bay leaf from chickpeas and pour filling into a small baking dish. Cover the top with sweet potato.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the topping is crispy and golden.