Chilled Green Pea and Onion Soup recipe shared by Julia from Vegan .io.
Chilled Green Pea & Onion Soup
Seriously satisfying soup packed with green peas and onion.
Author: Julia - Vegan .io
Recipe type: Soup
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper (ground)
- 1⁄2 large celery (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄3 cup coconut milk
- 1 bunch fresh thyme (stalks removed)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 leek (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 2 medium shallot (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- Heat up olive oil in a medium size pot, sauté onion, shallot and garlic until fragrant for about 2 minutes, add the leek and celery and sauté until soft.
- Next, add the green peas, water, fresh thyme leaves and vegetable stock boil it and then let it simmer for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool slightly before you pour the soup into a blender to blend it until completely smooth.
- Adjust the seasoning and let it chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
- For serving, drizzle in some coconut milk. Enjoy!
Serving size: 4