Chocolate Banana Protein Bread recipe shared by Sweeter Life Club.
Chocolate Banana Protein Bread
Author: sweeter life club
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 100 grams walnuts or almonds, ground fine
- 250 grams very ripe banana (edible flesh only, about 3 bananas)
- 250 grams liquid egg whites (or 4 whole eggs)
- 45 grams oat flour or rolled oats (gluten-free, if required)
- 50 grams unflavored whey protein
- 40 grams raw cacao
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract / bean paste or seeds scraped from 1 vanilla pod
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (gluten-free)
- Natvia, to taste (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180℃.
- Grease a loaf tin lightly with olive oil spray or line the tin with silicone paper, if not using a silicon mold.
- Place all the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and process until the batter is smooth.
- If using whole nuts, grind these beforehand with the rolled oats, if using.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin. Even the top, if you’d like a square loaf.
- Bake for about 45 – 50 minutes until risen, and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove and cool on a wire rack before turning out.
- This loaf keeps, wrapped in foil or a freezer bag, in the fridge for up to a week. You can also freeze it. If freezing, it’s easier to slice the loaf before freezing.
- Fabulous when served slightly warm with a smear of fresh, organic unsalted butter, smashed bananas