Christmas Eggnog – Homemade Rum & Whiskey Mixed Drink recipe shared by Ravi Kumar from India Food Network.
Christmas Eggnog – Homemade Rum & Whiskey Mixed Drink will make your Christmas festival remarkable memories with your loved ones. Christmas Eggnog recipe is quite easy and simple to make within few minutes.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 to 1 1/2 cups bourbon, rum, brandy, Cognac, or a mix (optional)
- Freshly grated nutmeg, for serving
- Separate the eggs, placing the yolks in a medium bowl and the whites in a large bowl. Cover the whites and refrigerate until needed, or freeze if ageing the eggnog for longer than a day.
- Add the sugar to the yolks and whisk by hand or with a mixer until the mixture is smooth, creamy, and lightened to a lemon-yellow colour.
- Add the milk, cream, and liquor and whisk until combined.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. The more liquor you add, the longer it will keep — non-alcoholic eggnog should be consumed within 1 day; eggnog with 1/2 to 1 cup of liquor will keep for several days, and eggnog with 1 1/2 cups of liquor will keep for several weeks and continue ageing and thickening quite nicely. (If ageing for longer than a few days, transfer the eggnog to a sealed glass container or a mason jar.)
- Just before serving, whisk the reserved egg whites in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer at high speed until the whites form stiff peaks.
- Transfer the beaten egg whites to the bowl with the eggnog and gently fold or stir the whites into the base — this gives the eggnog a frothy, extra-creamy texture. Some of the egg whites will also float to the top, like cappuccino foam.
- Transfer the eggnog to a pitcher or punch bowl. Serve in individual glasses with some powdered nutmeg on top.