Churrasco de Flank Steak recipe shared by RecipesnFood.
Churrasco de Flank Steak
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 large piece flank steak with fat
- 4 pounds Brazilian Sal Grosso Chimichurri
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- salt to taste
- Prepare a medium to high temperature open flame grill, charcoal or wood. (The flames must get very close to the meat.)
- Apply a generous amount of salt to the flank steak without rubbing it. (The salt must be loose or the meat will be too salty.)
- Grill meat approximately 5 minutes on each side for medium rare, turning only once.
- Once cooked, take steak in tongs and remove extra salt by slapping side of large knife against filet.
- Allow meat to rest 2-3 minutes before slicing it. Using a large chef knife chop the parsley and cilantro. Place in bowl and add all other chimichurri ingredients.
- Serve alongside steak.