Coco Caramel Apple Cup Cakes recipe shared by Nikki from MyNutriCounter.
Coco Caramel Apple Cup Cakes
Recipe type: Dessert
For the Cupcakes
- 225g/8oz gluten-free baking mix
- 5g/0.25oz baking powder
- 1 egg
- 90ml//3fl oz coconut oil
- 90ml/3fl oz maple syrup
- 40ml/1.33fl oz coconut milk
- 120g/4.25oz grated apples
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp. ginger powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the Coconut Caramel
- 200ml/6.75fl oz coconut cream
- 70g/2.5oz coconut sugar
- Whisk together the baking mix, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ginger powder in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center.
- Add in egg, vanilla extract, coconut oil, coconut milk, and maple syrup. Stir until combined.
- Fold in grated apples.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter into each cupcake tin hole.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 175C/350F.
- Meanwhile, heat coconut cream and coconut sugar in a saucepan until reduced by half. Leave to cool and thicken.
- Empty out the middle of each cupcake using a cookie cutter.
- Fill with coconut caramel.