Cocoa Cookie Hearts recipe shared by RecipesnFood.
Cocoa Cookie Hearts
Recipe type: Snack
- ½ cup Butter or margarine softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup All purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa any brand
- 1 tbs Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cup Powdered sugar
- 2 tbs Butter or margarine
- 2 tbs milk
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar and eggs on medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add to butter mixture beating until well blended. Cover; refrigerate dough about 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Heat oven to 350 F. On lightly floured surface, roll dough to ⅛-inch thickness; cut with heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until no imprint remains when touched lightly in center.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Frost with VALENTINE FROSTING; decorate as desired. About 4 dozen cookies.
- In bowl, beat powdered sugar, shortening, milk, vanilla and food color, if desired, until smooth and of spreading consistency. About ¾ cup frosting.
VARIATION: CHOCOLATE VALENTINE FROSTING:
- Stir 3 tablespoons Cocoa into powdered sugar. Omit food color. Proceed as directed above, increasing milk to 3 table spoons.