Couscous Salad with Bell Pepper, Tofu and Sweet Corn recipe shared by Matt from Vegan.io.
Couscous Salad with Bell Pepper, Tofu and Sweet Corn
Couscous Salad with Bell Pepper, Tofu and Sweet Corn.
Author: Matt - Vegan.io
Recipe type: Lunch
Serves: 4 servings
For the couscous
- 1⁄2 cup couscous
- 1⁄2 cup water
For the salad
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh parsley (stems removed and thinly chopped)
- 3 tbsps raisins (thinly sliced)
- 1 large red bell pepper (diced)
- 31⁄2 oz romaine lettuce (washed)
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 2 medium tomatoes (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves (crushed and roasted)
For the tofu
- 1 tsp dried smoked paprika
- 13 oz firm tofu (fortified if possible) (diced)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- Boil the water for the couscous and pour it into the bowl of couscous, cover it with a lid and let it stand for 15 minutes, or until the liquids are absorbed. Fluff up the couscous with a fork.
- Preheat a medium skillet and add the sesame oil and the soy sauce to fry the tofu for about 5-10 minutes until golden brown after that sprinkle the smoked paprika on top and mix well.
- Use a big salad bowl and mix all the ingredients with the dressing and adjust taste before serving.
Serving size: 4 Calories: 372 Fat: 14g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 45g Sugar: 15g Sodium: 580.84mg Fiber: 6g Protein: 16g Cholesterol: 0mg