Crispy Duck Noodle Salad recipe shared by Sweeter Life Club.
Crispy Duck Noodle Salad
If you’re short on time ready-made roasted duck breasts and legs are also available at your supermarket by Luv-a-Duck. Just reheat under grill or in oven for 15 minutes.
Author: sweeter life club
Recipe type: side dish
- 1/2 cup thick rice noodles
- 1 x 200g duck breast, skin on
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced diagonally
- 20g snow peas, blanched and sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1 spring onion, sliced, to serve
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1 small chilli, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon Natvia
- Prepare rice noodles as per packet instructions.
- Prepare the dressing ingredients and set aside. Score the skin of the duck (make a few diagonal slashes across the skin so the fat renders out when cooking). Lightly season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a non-stick frypan to medium-high (no oil) then place duck breast skin side down, and cook for about 3 minutes until skin is crisp. Turn over and cook on the other side for a few more minutes, or until juices run clear. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Once rested, slice breast on the diagonal.
- Place noodles in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients including the sliced duck and then toss through dressing. Serve with a wedge of lime and top with spring onions.