Curried Cauliflower Soup recipe shared by Maren from EatingWorks.
Curried Cauliflower Soup
Author: Maren - Eating Works
Recipe type: Soup
- 2 Medium White Onions, large dice
- 1½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Large or 2 Small Heads of Cauliflower, (chopped into 5 cups of florets)
- 2T Red Thai Curry Paste
- 1 14.8oz Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 5C Water or Vegetable Stock
- 1C Coconut Milk
- 1T Rice Vinegar (optional)
- In a one gallon soup pot, heat oil over a low medium flame. Add onion and salt. Sweat until the onion softens to a buttery texture, about 7 min.
- Add the Cauliflower and Roasted Tomatoes, saute over medium flame for 5 min.
- Add Curry Paste and saute until fragrant for about 1-3 min.
- Add stock and raise heat to bring to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat to a simmer and allow to cook partially covered for 25 min.
- Puree Soup in a blender with Coconut Milk until very smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot, reheat, stir in Rice Vinegar, and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.