Dairy Free Tomato Soup with Cumin and Red Pepper Chili Flakes recipe shared by Maren from EatingWorks.
Dairy Free Tomato Soup with Cumin and Red Pepper Chili Flakes
Author: Maren - EatingWorks
Recipe type: Soup
- 2 Large Sweet Onions (10oz), large dice
- 4 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 2 Pinches Red Pepper Chili Flakes, toasted
- 1T Cumin Seeds, toasted
- 1 28oz Can Organic Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 4 Large Tomatoes, diced
- 3C Low Sodium Vegetable Stock
- 2T Unsalted Organic Butter
- 1T Rice Wine Vinegar
- In a large soup pot over a medium low flame sweat the onions until translucent (5-7 minutes).
- Add the garlic, cumin and chili pepper and saute until fragrant (1-3 min) over a medium flame.
- Add the fresh tomatoes and canned fire roasted tomatoes and saute until the tomatoes are soft (10 min) and season with salt.
- Add the stock and allow the soup to simmer for (20-25 min) partially covered.
- Once the soup is cool enough to handle, blend in the blender with the butter and then return to the pot.
- Stir in Rice Wine Vinegar and finish with salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy 🙂
Equipment: Skillet, large soup pot