Deconstructed Lemon Cheesecake recipe shared by Sweeter Life Club.
Deconstructed Lemon Cheesecake
Author: sweeter life club
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 250g low fat cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup low fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Natvia
- 1/4 cup (40g) dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup (20g) almond meal
- 2/3 cup puffed rice
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Zest lemon and spread out on a board to dry, or place in a 200°C oven for 5 minutes.. Best to do this a few hours before serving.
- Blend cheese, yoghurt and lemon juice until smooth and set aside
- Place Natvia in a small saucepan with 1/2 teaspoon water and heat, stirring gently, until dissolved. Scrape down any crystals that form on the sides.
- Slowly add dissolved Natvia to cheese mixture and whisk until smooth, then chill until ready to use.
- Blitz chocolate, almond meal and 1/4 tsp of lemon zest to a rough crumb. Add puffed rice and blitz again. Don't over-blitz, you still want some texture.
- Place 2 tbs of crumb into the bottom of each of four glasses and top with 3 tbs of cheese mixture.
- Reserve 2 tsp of crumb, and divide the remaining between the glasses, finishing with the remaining cream cheese.
- Top with blueberries, 2 tsp of crumb and 1/4 tsp lemon zest.