Deconstructed Sushi Salad recipe shared by Sweeter Life Club.
Deconstructed Sushi Salad
Author: sweeter life club
Recipe type: side dish
- 1 tablespoon (5g) wakame seaweed
- 1/4 cup brown rice, rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Natvia
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 150g firm tofu, diced
- 1 small cucumber, de-seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup (60g) carrot, grated
- 3 radish, finely sliced and cut in quarters
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon (20g) pickled ginger
- 1 spring onion, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 sheet of nori seaweed, thinly sliced
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (tamari for gluten free)
- To make the dressing mix together ingredients and set aside.
- Soak wakame in luke warm water for 10 minutes, drain and blanch in hot water, then refresh in cold water to improve the colour. Dry in a clean tea towel or paper towel, then chop.
- Cook rice to your liking
- Heat vinegar, Natvia and salt in a small saucepan until sugar is dissolved and pour over rice. Stir through, then set aside to cool.
- Dice tofu into 2cm pieces, spray with oil and grill in a fry pan or sandwich toaster until golden.
- Toss rice with wakame, tofu, cucumber, carrot, radish, avocado, ginger, spring onion, dressing and top with sesame seeds and nori strips to serve.