Delicious Apricot Fold-over Cookies recipe shared by RecipesnFood.
Delicious Apricot Fold-over Cookies
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 4 oz sharp process American cheese grated
- 1⅓ cups sifted all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Cream butter and cheese till light. Blend sifted flour into creamed mixture. Add water and mix well. Chill 4-5 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook dried apricots according to package directions. Drain well.
- Stir sugar into hot fruit: cook and stir till mixture boils and becomes smooth; cool. Divide chilled dough in half.
- Roll each half to 10-inch squares; cut 2½-inch squares. Place tsp apricot filling in each square; bring up diagonal corners and seal.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 375 F for 8-10 minutes.
- Makes about 2½ dozen cookies.