Delicious Pork Roast recipe shared by RecipesnFood.
Delicious Pork Roast Recipe
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1-3 lb pork loin roast
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2-tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tbsp freshly minced ginger root
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- Place sliced onions in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt & pepper; rub over meat. In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil and brown the pork on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce and ¼ cup hot water; pour over the pork
- Cover and cook in the slow cooker on low for 4-5 hours or until internal pork temperature reads 160°F.
- Remove the meat and onions from the slow cooker and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and ¼ cup cold water. Slowly stir into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 20-30 minutes or until thickened, stirring a couple of times.
- Slice the pork and serve with onions and sauce.