Egg and Mushroom Biryani recipe shared by Vaibhav Pandya from Mishtann.
Egg and Mushroom Biryani Recipe
Fragrant saffron rice with spicy eggs and mushrooms, topped with golden fried onions.
Author: Vaibhav Pandya - Mishtann
Recipe type: Main
- Rice - 200 gm or 1 cup (as per US RATIO). (rinsed twice and soaked for 20 mins).
- Hot water - 400ml or 2 cups
- Eggs - 4 - 5 nos - boiled and cut into quarters.
- Button mushrooms - 1/2 cup diced into quarters.
- Onions - 2 nos sliced and fried golden brown for garnish
- Onions - 2 nos sliced.
- Biryani masala powder - 1 tbsp.
- Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp.
- Curd - 2 tbsp.
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp.
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp.
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick - 2 nos
- Green cardamom - 3 - 4 nos
- Saffron - 2 pinches soaked in 1 tbsp warm milk.
- Mint leaves - 1/4 cup chopped
- salt - to taste
- Boil the Basmati Rice until just done or al-dente. Add the soaked saffron to the Basmati Rice, mix and keep aside.
- In a cooking vessel, Heat the ghee, to this add the cinnamon and green cardamom and the cumin seeds.
- Add the onions and fry till a little golden brown, add the ginger garlic paste.
- Now add the biryani powder, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, and the curd and continue to saute for another 2-3 mins.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for another 2-3 mins. Now add the eggs and gently mix. Add salt to taste. Simmer for another minute or two.
- In a deep cooking vessel, add some ghee, than layer with alternating layers of the egg and mushroom mixture and than the boiled Basmati Rice.
- Also add the chopped mint between each layer.
- Cover the cooking vessel with a lid and cook on simmer for another 15-20 mins or till the Basmati Rice is done.
- Garnish with the golden fried onions or dry fruits like cashews or almonds.