Fried Rice (Bengali) recipe shared by Riddhima Nair from India Food Network.
Bengali style veg fried rice is mildly sweeter version of fried rice which is an absolute delight for a vegetarian meal. Though traditionally this fried rice served with non-veg curries in a Bengali family. There were two tasty rice recipes that we used to have, one was “Ghee Bhat” or “Yellow Bengali Pulao” and the other one, I call that “Bengali Vegetable Fried Rice”. Both the recipes used to be tasty – primarily because of two reasons -First being the ingredients and procedure of preparation and second being the Love with which it used to be prepared.
- 1 packet of Ching’s Secret Fried Rice Masala
- 4 tbsp. of oil
- 2 cups (200g) of chopped vegetables of your choice (cabbage, carrot, capsicum, onion, french beans, etc)
- 6 cups (600g) of boiled rice
- Chopped spring onion for garnishing
- Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a pan & stir-fry 2 cups of chopped vegetables of your choice for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 6 cups of boiled rice (leftover rice from last night’s dinner is perfect) to the vegetables.
- Add Ching’s Secret Fried Rice Masala & stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion & serve hot.