Ginger and Chilli Soy Bean Soup recipe shared by Nikki from MyNutriCounter.
Ginger and Chilli Soy Bean Soup
Author: Nikki - MyNutriCounter
Recipe type: Dinner
- 150g/5.25oz dried soy beans
- 30ml/1fl oz peanut oil
- 50g/1.66oz shallots, thinly sliced
- 30g/1oz ginger, minced
- 7g/0.25oz chilli, chopped
- 1.5L/1.5quarts chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- 15ml/0.5fl oz sesame oil, for garnish
- 10g/0.33oz chopped spring onions, for garnish
- Rinse soy beans and soak in a bowl of cold water overnight.
- Gently rub beans in between the palm of your hands to loosen the skins. Discard.
- Rinse and transfer to the slow cooker.
- Cover with water and cook on high for 12 hours.
- Heat peanut oil in a pot.
- Saute ginger, chilli, and shallots until fragrant.
- Add soy beans and stir briefly.
- Add chicken stock and simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Season with salt if needed.
- Ladle into serving bowls and top with chopped spring onions and sesame oil.
Tip: Chicken stock may be replaced with kombu or mushroom stock.