Gingerbread Spiced Bread Pudding With Bourbon Sauce recipe shared by Rebecca from RawSpiceBar.
Gingerbread Spiced Bread Pudding With Bourbon Sauce
Author: Rebecca - RawSpiceBar
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 pouch RawSpiceBar's Gingerbread Spices
- 6 cups lightly packed, 1/2 inch-cubed French bread (about 10 ounces)
- 3/4 non-fat evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup non-fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 3 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup minced crystalized ginger
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup non-fat evaporated milk (or substitute whipped cream or half and half if you are feeling decadent)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons non-fat plain yogurt
- Place rack in the center of your oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Arrange bread in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly toasted. To bake a single bread pudding: Lightly spritz a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
For the bourbon sauce:
- Place a deep mixing bowl, beaters, and the 1/3 cup evaporated milk in the freezer to chill for 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the 3/4 cup evaporated milk, non-fat milk, eggs, brown sugar, molasses, bourbon, vanilla, RawSpiceBar's Gingerbread Spices and salt. Add bread cubes, ginger, pecans, and raisins. Let mixture stand 20 minutes, stirring the bread occasionally to ensure all cubes soak up the milk.
- To bake, fill pan nearly to the top, gently pressing to compact.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until deep golden brown on top and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean: 20-25 minutes for muffin cups; 30-35 minutes for ramekins or mini panettones; 43-47 minutes for a single loaf pan.
To prepare sauce:
- Beat evaporated milk in the chilled bowl on high for 1 to 2 minutes, until it is the consistency of whipped cream. Gradually add sugar, bourbon, and yogurt and beat for several minutes longer, until thickened. Serve over warm bread pudding.