The Meal Diva from MealDiva.com shares this great kid friendly recipe for Caramel Filled Apples. Thanks for sharing Meal Diva, can’t wait to try these. YUM!
I’m really a mom on a mission: to help foster a love of eating and preparing unprocessed, nourishing food. These apples are fun and very kid-friendly!
- 3-6 apples, sliced in ½ and cored with an ice-cream scoop
- Lemon juice
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 (14oz) container of evaporated milk
- 8 tbs. butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- Prepare apples and brush them with lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown.
- Place apples in a muffin tin
- Put the butter, sugar and evaporated milk in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir ingredients together and when the sauce starts to bubble, lower the heat to medium low.
- Keep stirring (never leave it unattended or it will burn) for 12-15 minutes
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Pour caramel into prepared apples and top with topping of choice.
- Place apples in the refrigerator to cool completely.
- Slice and share! Enjoy!!!!
- For more great kid-friendly snacking ideas and tips, visit www.mealdiva.com