Korean Style Rice Cake with Fruity Tomato Sauce and Stir Fried Vegetables recipe shared by Matt from Vegan.io.
Korean Style Rice Cake with Fruity Tomato Sauce and Stir Fried Vegetables
Korean style Rice Cake with Fruity Tomato Sauce and Stir fried Vegetables
Author: Matt - Vegan.io
Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: 4 servings
For the stir fry vegetable
- 1 large onion (chopped into big chuncks)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (chopped into big chuncks)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 5 oz sugar snap pea (trim and wash)
- 1 large yellow bell pepper (chopped into big chuncks)
For the sauce
- 2 small apple (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 inches ginger (sliced)
- 5 oz horse radish
- 1 small pear (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup white beans
For the rice cake
- 16 oz rice cake
For the topping
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- 4 small scallion (thinly sliced)
- Preheat the sesame oil for the stir fried vegetables and fry them for about 10 minutes and but them aside.
- For the Sauce add all the ingredients to a blender or use and immersion blender to make a smooth mixture.
- Pour the sauce into a big pot and bring it to boil.
- Add the korean rice cake and boil it for about 5-10 minutes, stir occasionally to make sure the rice cakes don't stick to the pot.
- After the rice cake is soft add the stir fried vegetables and mix everything.
- For serving adjust taste and use a plate or a bowl.
- Sprinkle some scallion and roasted sesame seeds on top, enjoy.