Lasooni Aloo: Indian Garlic Potato Curry recipe shared by Riddhima Nair from India Food Network.
Lasooni Aloo is a delicious and tasty recipe. It is an easy and quick recipe that people love to cook and eat. Lasooni Aloo is a hot and spicy dish with garlic and fried potatoes. It is an easy to make which can be served as a side dish or as a starter.
It goes well with roti, naan, paratha.
- 4-5 pureed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp garlic greens
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2-3 green chillies, slit, for garnish
- 1-1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- Few sprigs curry leaves
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- Heat 2 tbsp Oil, add asafoetida (hing) and mustard seeds
- Once it starts spluttering, add the curry leaves
- Add garlic, stir well till it becomes golden brown and then add the garlic greens
- Add the tomato puree, salt, red chilli powder, sugar, green chillies and coriander
- Stir it all together and let the tomato cook
- TIP: Let the tomatoes cook on high flame for a second to get a nice deep colour
- Crush the potatoes a little before adding them
- TIP: Crushing the potatoes gives the gravy a nice consistency
- Stir it well
- Ready to serve.