Perfect Leg of Lamb with Roasted Golden Potatoes recipe shared by Kyle from CleanFreshCuisine.
Perfect Leg of Lamb with Roasted Golden Potatoes
Author: Kyle - CleanFreshCuisine
Recipe type: Dinner
- 6 to 7 Lb. Semi Boneless Leg of Lamb
- 1 Head of Garlic, cleaned
- 1 Cup Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbsp. Dried Oregano
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. Black Pepper
- 8 to 10 Golden Potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Scrub and halve the potatoes; set aside. Clean the garlic. Cut 4 to 5 cloves in half and roughly chop the rest.
- With a sharp knife, trim all fat from the leg of lamb. Wash with lemon juice and place in large roasting pan.
- Make scores, about 1/4″ deep, over entire top of lamb.
- Insert halved garlic cloves with a sharp knife at various intervals into leg. Spread chopped garlic over top of lamb and season with oregano, rosemary and pepper.
- Arrange halved potatoes around lamb, cut side up.
- Roast at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes to sear. Lower heat to 325 degrees and roast for an additional 1 1/4 hours or until meat thermometer registers 160 degrees for medium. Turn potatoes halfway through roasting time.