Medhu Vadai recipe shared by Hungry Forever.
Medhu Vadai Recipe
- 1 cup Urad Dal/Black Gram
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Green Chili (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Hing (asafetida)
- 2-3 tbsp Water
- Salt as required
- Oil for deep-frying
- Rinse the urad dal in water a couple of times and soak them in water for 4-5 hours.
- Drain well and transfer all the lentils in a grinder.
- First add 1 tbsp water and grind for a few minutes. Grind again in intervals scraping and stirring the batter a few times.
- When the batter has become smooth, fluffy and soft, stop grinding.
- Add the crushed black pepper, cumin, green chilies, asafetida and salt to the ground batter. Mix well and keep aside.
- Shape the medu vada.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the vadas in medium hot oil till golden and crisp.
- Drain the vadas on paper napkins.
- Serve the vadas hot with coconut chutney and sambar.