Memphis Dry Rub Ribs recipe shared by Sarah from RawSpiceBar.
Memphis Dry Rub Ribs
Author: Sarah - RawSpiceBar
Recipe type: Entree
- RawSpiceBar’s Memphis Dry Rub
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 rack baby back ribs or St. Louis Cut Spare Ribs
Make the mop
- Whisk together vinegar, water, sugar, salt and RawSpiceBar’s Memphis Dry Rub in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Brush ribs liberally with mop just before putting on the grill.
- Turn grill to 325°F and place ribs over indirect heat. Cook ribs about 1 1/2 hours for baby backs and 2 hours for St. Louis-cut ribs, brushing liberally with vinegar mop every 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer ribs to cutting board and brush once more with vinegar mop. Liberally coat ribs with RawSpiceBar’s Memphis dry rub and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice ribs and serve immediately.
COOKING TIPS: A vinegar mop mixed with dry rub applied every 15-20 minutes during cooking gives these ribs a tangy flavor and great mahogany color. These ribs are best cooked a few feet directly over charcoal.