Mor Kuzhambu: South Indian Yoghurt Curry recipe shared by Ravi Kumar from India Food Network.
Mor Kuzhambu recipe is a South Indian dish made of curd or yogurt, it is also called South Indian Yoghurt Curry. Moru Curry is very easy to make and good for your health too. Mor Kuzhambu is very popular in South Indian households. This dish is served with rice and great in balance with lentil dishes and is served as a main dish as well.
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp of fenugreek seeds (methi)
- A few dried red chillies
- Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp hing dissolved in water
- 3 tbsp of fresh curd
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of turmeric
- Chopped pumpkin
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 cup of coconut
- 1tsp of cooking oil
- In a mixer, add coconut, cumin seeds, chopped green chillies, curry leaves, curd and grind it together.
- Take oil in a pan and once hot, roast mustard seeds, dry red chillies, fenugreek seeds and curry leaves.
- Add in the asafoetida water, chopped pumpkin, turmeric powder, prepared paste and salt and give it a stir.
- Simmer for a few minutes and then serve hot with steamed rice.