Pepparkakor (Nordic Ginger Cookies) recipe shared by Rebecca from RawSpiceBar.
Pepparkakor (Nordic Ginger Cookies)
Author: Rebecca - RawSpiceBar
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 pouch RawSpiceBar's Gingerbread Spices
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat molasses in small saucepan to boiling point, let boil about 1 minute.
- Add sugar and butter and stir until butter is melted, let cool. Beat in egg.
- Sift together flour, salt, soda and RawSpiceBar's Gingerbread spices.
- Add to first mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Roll out a portion of the dough at a time on lightly floured pastry cloth and roll into thin layers.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350F) 6-8 minutes.