Prawn-stuffed haddock (Spanish Style) recipe shared by Virginia from Mama’s Box.
Originally called Merluza rellena de gambas, this Spanish recipe will take you only 30 minutes to prepare it.
We’ll use haddock, a kind of fish that is used a lot in the kitchen and it’s very versatile as well: we’ll stuff it with prawns and leek.
This recipe was originally featured on the Definitive guide to Spanish Christmas food wrote by Virginia for Mama’s Box.
- 1.5 kg haddock fillets already cleaned
- 0.5 kg leek
- 0.5 kg prawns
- 2 glasses of prosecco/cava/champagne
- 100 g butter
- Melt in a pan 50 g butter and add the white part of the leek (previously cut). Let it cook for 5 minutes (at low heat).
- Add sparkling wine and cook for a few minutes until alcohol evaporates.
- In another pan, sauté the prawns for one minute. After that, add them to the first pan with the leek and cook for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and put aside.
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° while lightly greasing a baking dish.
- Lay the haddock fillets in the prepared baking dish. Brush each one with melted butter. Place a tablespoon of the prawn and leek mixture onto half of each fillet and fold the other half over to cover. Add some salt on top and secure with toothpicks. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, then remove the cover and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until the top has browned and the fish flakes easily with a fork.