Punjabi Recipe: Pudina Lachha Paratha recipe shared by Riddhima Nair from India Food Network.
Punjabi recipe: Pudina Lachha Paratha is famous in the Indian subcontinent. Pudina has a very strong flavor of that goes well in many Indian recipes especially chutney.
- All purpose flour - 2 and ½ cup and more for dusting
- Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp
- Dry mint powder - 3 tbsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Carom seeds - 1 tsp
- Ghee for applying in the layers and frying the paratha
- Mix the ingredients to make the filling in a bowl and keep aside.
- Mix all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, salt and oil in a bowl. Make a medium soft dough using water.
- Knead the dough for 5-6 minutes until it becomes soft and smooth. Cover and keep the dough aside for 20 minutes.
- Knead again for 3-4 minutes. Divide the dough into 8-10 pieces. Make small balls from each piece. Dust the dough and roll it as thin as possible. Apply ghee generously over the rolled dough. Sprinkle little dry flour on top.
- Sprinkle some of the mint mixture on top. Fold the rolled dough like we roll a fan or like a pleat. Make a pinwheel with the pleated dough. Dust and roll the paratha to make a 7-8 inch disc.
- Heat a griddle. Keep the paratha on the hot griddle. Cook till brown spots appear. Turn the paratha on the other side. Apply ghee on both the sides and cook till brown spots darken.
- Apply little pressure while cooking using back of a ladle. Remove the paratha from the griddle. Press from both the sides to open the layers.
- Serve hot with any curry based dish.