Red Lentil Christmas “Meatloaf” recipe shared by Nikki from MyNutriCounter.
Red Lentil Christmas “Meatloaf”
Recipe type: Main
- 250g/8.75oz dried red lentils
- 200g/7oz white onion, finely chopped
- 20g/0.75oz garlic, minced
- 50g/1.75oz celery ribs, chopped
- 400g/14 oz cooked brown rice
- 30ml/1fl oz olive oil
- 60ml/2fl oz barbecue sauce (vegan friendly)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. Italian seasoning
- Boil the lentils in water until tender enough for mashing (about 30 minutes). Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a pan. Sauté onion, garlic, and celery until onions turn soft and translucent.
- Mash the lentils in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the rice, sautéed aromatics, brown rice, barbeque sauce, salt, and Italian seasoning.
- Pack the lentil mixture into a lightly oiled 9” loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 190C/375F.