Roasted Bell Pepper Raita recipe shared by Ravi Kumar from India Food Network.
If you want to have a more delicious Indian meal make some Roasted Bell Pepper Raita. Raitas are healthy as they are made of yoghurt and the condiments arehealthy as they’re either fresh produce or whole spices. Indian Raita recipe is one of those delectable side dishes that can make any Indian meal more interesting in an instant. It is not only easy to make but offers a great variety too for extra punch.
- Yellow bell pepper 1
- Red bell pepper 1
- Curd 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Olive Oil 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Dry red chillies 2
- Jeera seeds 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Wash the bell peppers well and grease them with oil a little and roast them directly on the gas flame till they are charred on all sides.
- Do keep turning often so that they are not completely burned and cooked evenly
- Once down, wash and removed the black charred bits and let it cool.
- Deseed and chop into small bits.
- In a large bowl, whisk curd well and the chopped bell peppers along with salt.
- In a small pan, heat olive oil.
- Once hot add the mustard and jeera seeds and saute till they turn brown and start to crackle.
- Add the dry chillies and saute for another minute.
- Add to the raita, garnish with coriander leaves and serve with paranthas or pulao